You see, I finally, finally have decided to give NaNoWriMo a try.
NaNoWriMo is the National Novel Writing Month. The concept is simple really: 50,000 words in 30 days. Basically, it's novel writing boot camp.
I have been wanting to try this for years, but something seems to get in the way every November. This year, I have no excuses. I am going to carpe diem and GO FOR IT!
Why am I sharing that here? Well, there are a few reasons:
- My readers are awesome, and I like keeping you in the loop as much as possible.
- NaNoWriMo probably is going to take a MASSIVE time commitment on my part. That means that I either will spend less time writing for Down the Center, or I might post some sample NaNoWriMo blurbs here.
- My planned novel actually should be pretty relevant to this blog. While it will be about 70% fiction, the other 30% will be drawn from the time in my life right before I first was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- I want more people to join me! I know that some of you have been waiting your whole life for an excuse to write a novel. Well, here is that excuse! Plus, it would be great to have an online social support group for this. We even can be writing buddies on the NaNoWriMo website. Who's with me??
You will be able to track my progress through the month of November in the widget that I just placed on the top right hand corner of your screen. Snazzy, eh?
Wish me luck!!